Adobe Muse: Ideas

How can we make Adobe Muse even better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Hosting unabhängiger Editor und einen Besucherzähl Widget

Hallo zusammen,
    Ich würde mich freuen wenn es in naher Zukunft möglich wäre den Online Editor auch für andere Hosting anbieter zu ermöglichen. Adobe wäre damit einen Schritt vorraus gegenüber anderen Hompage Design Softwares. Außerdem wäre ein Besucherzähler Widget eine gute möglichkeit den Besuchern einer Homepage zu zeigen wie oft die Seite schon aufgerufen wurde.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Can we be able to add images to our menu?

For the menu widget, add an image feature in the settings. This would allow more custom buttons than basic shapes.

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Popup window to see images enlarged with option to scroll through

Would like the ability to click on an image or item to see it larger in a popup window with faded out darker background. If this feature is used on an image in a slideshow then user will have the option to scroll through remaining images or close window.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Creation and Modification Dates

I think it would be great if there was a way to time/date stamp the creation and modification of individual pages, something like you have in Windows Explorer for files and folders.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Responsive Templates

A way to set templates for responsive breakpoints so that one can quickly apply the breakpoints between pages and designs would be great, rather than redoing it every time - unless there's a trick that I've missed.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • The accordion panel needs to have an option to open on hover instead of just on click

The accordion panel needs to have an option to open on hover instead of just on click. This would make for a much better end user (customer) experience. It's not helpful to have to click on a tab to have that contained information display. I should just be able to hover to make it display. For mobile sites, it is still nice to have the click to open option, so I'm not suggesting that the "click to open" open should be removed, but that the "hover to open" option should be added. Thank you.

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Layered multilingual website

Back in my prepress days we were using Kodak Prinergy which has a wonderfull feature for making layered versioning. It analyzes layered pdf's for creating plates for language shifts during printrun.

Such a feature would be nice in Muse, to make multilingual websites using layers in muse.

A common layer to all the elements common for all language versions, and a language layer for each language you want on your website.

After defining a common layer and the language layers, Muse generates the complete site.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Collaborate with Lightroom to make responsive web photo galleries.

Over 10 years ago Adobe Lightroom had a great feature that was great for photojournalists to upload breaking stories quick to a Flash-based web photo gallery.

There were several times that I was in an Internet challenged location and was able to publish 100+ image galleries on location like this one from Haiti:

http://www.haitiaction.net/News/RAW/11_20_10/wpg/11_20_10/index.html

Flash won't work for iOS (yet) but the likelihood to develop a newer solution is there if the Muse and Lightroom teams come together.

It's a shame that Lightroom dropped a feature that was working without a suitable replacement.

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Erweiterungen für Formular Widget

Die Möglichkeiten die in Acrobat für Formulare zur Verfügung stehen auch für Muse möglich machen.
                    Zur Zeit fehlt z. B. ein einfaches Listenfeld/Dropdown Auswahlliste und Optionen wie etwa textarea - min/ maxlength.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Link (mirror) object properties across pages instead of masterpages

Ok. We can palce objects in a masterpage and it will be applied across all respective pages. But we cannot move masterpage objects around.

I suggest we ourselves should be able to link objects across pages or even breakpoints individually so changes in properties and style would be automatically reflected. Also, we should be able to unlink objects without clearing the styles that were set whilst it was linked. Basically linked objects should work as a mirror of the original one but keeping their position on pages.

Alternativelly, we should be able to copy ONLY object format across breakpoints without…

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Pre-fixed gaps between page elements

If we want to move elements to place them always at the same distance across the page we have to rely on the gap distances between elements placed exactly above them. For that, users rely mostly in the vertical move handle but they only work for gap distances individually.
                        If there was a way to set pre-fixed gaps between elements it would save us tons of work. We could be able to simply set a number of distances being 0px always the first option. Then we set vertical gap distances to, say, 30px, 50px and 70px and horizontal gap distances…

3 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Select same objects based on other criterias

So far we can select same objects like buttons or text fields. We should be able to select same objects based on their, say, colours or effects, just like Illustrator. Or even based on their paragraph/graphic styles just so we can easily idetify / delete / move them. That would save some good time of work.

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Manually enter in Header, Footer, and Browser Height

This idea was already featured here: https://forums.adobe.com/ideas/5228, but I cannot find it here in this moved forum. Would be very great to enter the footer and header lines manually by numbers instead of – this is not very attractive for graphic tablets to do, I have to scale mostly up to 200 or 300 % to do it exactly.

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Vertical submenus – it is too restrictive that submenu items have to fly out to the right.

The vertical submenu currently will only fly out to the right. This is a severe limitation of the widget and it means one can't place such a menu to the right hand side of a web page without having to go through an onerous work-around (which is to click to each sub menu separately and give it a different X axis – and that has to be redone on each and every version of the menu if you move the menu at all afterwards).

Vertical submenus should be able to fly out to the left as well as to drop…

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Managing links & downloads

Hello Muse fans,

I run an educational website, where we offer lots of downloads. Most of these are PDFs.

There must be a better way of managing downloads than the dropdown menu at the top?

This would make a huge difference to my workflow...

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Force Widget Builders to include their external sources into /scripts/ or at least serve via HTTPS

A PIA is when you serve you pages as HTTPS but the Widgets you use call their information via HTTP.
                                  How stupid is this? This calls a lot of frustration as you then need to change the URLS manually. And what if the Widget Developer doesn't serve HTTPS? Then you need to grap that source, upload it into /assets/ and change that URL. This is not what you want when creating a website with any WYSIWYG Tool.

So Adobe should change their policies to either force Developers to send their scripts only via HTTPS or when you install that Widget…

3 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• The basic way to ''responsive''

I wonder about the basic operation, the way that the elements: text, image, asset like the Lite Box and especially the spaces separating them. In my opinion, these elements should always have as a vanishing point at the upper left corner. Because, this is how the web browser works, right? So the elements should move and reduce in percentage considering the pixel reduction of the breakpoint.

Let me explain (the number are fictitious):

1920 pixel = 100%
                                    1600 pixels = 80%

So Muse should calculate the ratio. 1 pixel is worth how much percentage if the starting point is 1920…

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• I am trying to move pages from one Muse sitemap page to another Muse sitemap. This is so I can have multiple people working on creating hund

I am trying to move pages from one Muse sitemap page to another Muse sitemap. This is so I can have multiple people working on creating hundreds of project profile pages and then transfer them into the master file that will be the final site.

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Better contact forms (a new widget for forms)

Yes, life is not so easy as having a contact form and that is all. With that you cannot cover the people's need.

The contact form widget is so basic, that you cannot do anything with that. It has 3 or 4 fields, you cannot add new fields, you cannot add certain questions, you cannot do anything. It is very urgent you change this.

Sometimes, you need to ask certain questions to your customers, and you need order in this process. A contact form with a big box in which you can write all you want, is not enough.

-…

2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• The HTML export does not check if the directory pre-exists.

The HTML export does not check if the directory pre-exists.

Cordially

2 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Adobe Muse: Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base